Bahasa Melayu |
Text size :
History of Information Department's Buildings
Department of Information was established and initially known as Brunei Information Services.
The first Information Officer appointed, Pengiran Mohd Yusof bin Pengiran Haji Abdul Rahim known as Yang Amat Mulia Pengiran Setia Negara Pengiran (Dr.) Haji Mohd Yusof bin Pengiran Haji Abdul Rahim).
The Information Reading Room was set up in Bangar Town, Temburong District and Tutong District the following year.
With the establishment of the Brunei Radio Service in 1957, the Information Services provided subsidies for the purchase of radios with monthly installments over a year. In 1958, the Information Service sold 1,048 sets of radio throughout the state.